Date: 19 June 2022
Time: 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center, Mushrif Park - Dubai
Fee: AED 150 - AED 200
After the increase in awareness amongst the public for all things astronomy, it’s apparent that stargazing from home is on the rise. However, it can be a bit overwhelming as a beginner. Telescopes or binoculars? How to identify Stars and Planets? How to set up my telescope? How to find dark skies? and where do you start?
Our informed team of Astronomers are here to help get you started with the basics. This workshop is designed to inspire people of all ages, with our fun and interactive learning experience. The session includes how to navigate the night sky and identify the objects, the different types of telescopes, the components of a telescope, and basics on tracking and alignment.
- How to Identify the Objects in the Night Sky
- Different Types of Telescopes
- Telescope Components & Accessories
- Basics of Telescope Tracking & Alignment
- Entrance to Mushrif Park is AED 10 per car or AED 3 per person through Nol card.
- You can purchase a Nol card at the park gate.
- You can recharge your already existing Nol card at the gate.
- Masks are MANDATORY!
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Tickets for this program is LIMITED!
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
If you have any difficulties making your payment please get in touch with us through WhatsApp 042216603 and we’ll be more than glad to assist.