Suhoor Under The Stars
Planetary Alignment + Stargazing + Lyrids Meteor Shower
Date: 23rd Apr 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 1:00 - 5:00 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert - Dubai
Fee: AED 100 - AED 180
Event Ticket Fee:
- General Tickets: AED 180
- Kids (Under 13): AED 150
- DAG Members: AED 100
Late Registration Fee:
(21st Apr 2022 onward)
- General Tickets: AED 220
- Kids (Under 13): AED 180
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 01:00 AM – Introduction
- 01:15 AM – Talk: Lyrids Meteor Shower
- 01:30 AM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 02:00 AM – Q & A Session
- 03:00 AM – Moon Observation
- 03:10 AM – Talk: Planetary Alignment
- 03:30 AM – Saturn Observation
- 04:00 AM – Mars Observation
- 04:30 AM – Venus Observation
- 05:00 AM – Jupiter Observation
- Light Suhoor available throughout the event.
- Telescope Observation all throughout the event.
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes.
- 03:30 AM: Astrophotography Session
Masks are mandatory
All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
Social Distancing Must be practiced at all times
Be sure that you’re sitting or laying at least 2 meters away from others.
The venue for the event is Al Qudra Desert
A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
A 4x4 car is not required to reach the event location
Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
Mats will be provided
We will be providing mats for seating but feel free to bring your own seating for your comfort.
Bring along any necessities
You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your comfort.
Please bring a soft copy of the event ticket Email
Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
DAG Members are requested to bring ID
DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
Kids under 5 don't require a ticket
Kids under the age of 5 do not require a ticket for this event.
Kids under 15 need to be accompanied by a parent
Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
camping & BBQ in the area
You may set up tents at a designated location but setting up BBQ will not be allowed during the duration of the event.
No alcohol is Allowed! this is a family-friendly event
Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
No pets are allowed
Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.