Large Planetary Parade
Date: 24th Jun 2022 (Friday early morning)
Time: 1:00 - 5:00 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert - Dubai
Fee: AED 100 - AED 150
A planetary alignment/parade occurs when our Solar System’s planets appear to line up at the same ascension level in the night sky, as seen from Earth. They don’t really create a perfect line in our Solar System; each planet’s orbital plane causes the illusion. Three-planet parades are quite common and occur about twice a year. The more planets in the parade, the rarer the celestial event is. This month we will be witnessing a rare 6 planet alignment in our night sky. This alignment is called a Large Planetary Parade which happens almost every 19 years.
Event Ticket Fee:
- General Tickets: AED 150
- Kids (Under 13): AED 120
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 01:00 AM – Introduction
- 01:20 AM – Saturn & Jupiter Observation
- 01:30 AM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 02:00 AM – Mars Observation
- 02:15 AM – Q & A Session
- 02:30 AM – Moon Observation
- 03:30 AM – Attempting to observe Uranus & Neptune
- 04:00 AM – Venus Observation
- 04:40 AM – Mercury Observation
- Telescope Observation all throughout the event of planets and deep sky objects.
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes.
- 03:00 AM: Astrophotography Session
Pick-up time: 10:45 PM (23 Jun 2022)
Pick-up location: Centerpoint (Rashidiya) Metro Station https://goo.gl/maps/5W9wGD1mnv2bLCSY8
Transportation fee: AED 50/- per person
- 10:45 PM – Pick up from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 11:15 PM – Depart from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 12:00 AM – Arrival at Al Qudra Last Exit (washroom break)
- 12:30 AM – Depart from Al Qudra Last Exit
- 12:45 AM – Arrival at the Event Location
- 01:00 AM – Event Start
- 05:00 AM – Event End
- 05:15 AM – Depart from Event Location
- 05:30 AM – Arrival at Al Qudra Last Exit (washroom break)
- 06:00 AM – Depart from Al Qudra Last Exit
- 07:00 AM – Drop off at Centerpoint Metro Station
Masks are mandatory
All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
Social Distancing Must be practiced at all times
Be sure that you’re sitting or laying at least 2 meters away from others.
The venue for the event is Al Qudra Desert
A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
A 4x4 car is not required to reach the event location
Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
Mats will be provided
We will be providing mats for seating but feel free to bring your own seating for your comfort.
Bring along any necessities
You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your comfort.
Please bring a soft copy of the event ticket Email
Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
DAG Members are requested to bring ID
DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
Kids under 5 don't require a ticket
Kids under the age of 5 do not require a ticket for this event.
No pets are allowed
Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.
No alcohol is Allowed! this is a family-friendly event
Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
Kids under 15 need to be accompanied by a parent
Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
camping & BBQ in the area
You may set up tents at a designated location but setting up BBQ will not be allowed during the duration of the event.