Geminids Meteor Shower 2021
Date: 13th Dec 2021 (Monday)
Time: 10 PM - 4 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert - Dubai
LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED TO AL QUDRA DESERT – DUBAI
Event Ticket Fee:
- General Tickets: AED 150
- Kids (Under 16): AED 100
- DAG Members: AED 75
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 10:00 PM: Event Introduction
- 10:20 PM: Talk: Geminids Meteor Shower
- 12:00 AM: Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 12:30 AM: Q & A Session/Trivia
- 2:38 AM: Moon Setting (Clear view of the night sky)
- 3:00 AM: Peak of the Meteor Shower
- Telescope Observation all throughout the evening
– The meteors will not be visible through the telescopes. Only celestial (planets stars, etc.) observation will be done through the telescopes.
- 1:00 AM: Astrophotography of the Night Sky (DSLR camera recommended)
- 2:00 AM: DSLR Photography of Meteors (DSLR camera required)
Masks are mandatory
All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
Social Distancing Must be practiced at all times
Be sure that you’re sitting or laying at least 2 meters away from others.
Dress for cold weather
The weather is expected to be cold so make sure to have blankets and jackets at hand.
The venue for the event is Al Qudra Desert
THE VENUE FOR THE EVENT HAS CHANGED. A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
Location Pin - Al Qudra Desert
Once you arrive at the location pin, our staff will guide you on where to go from there and park your car.
Water and Mats will be provided
We will be providing water, some warm beverages, and mats but you’re free to bring your own.
Please bring along food and snacks
You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your hygiene and safety.
A 4x4 car is not required to reach the event location
Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
Please bring a soft copy of the event ticket Email
Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
You're requested to bring along your Emirates ID
You are requested to bring any form of identification with you to be presented at the venue upon request.
The nearest rest stop/restrooms around 10 minutes away
The nearest rest stop and restrooms are around 10 minutes away from our location.
DAG Members are requested to bring ID
DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
Registration Must be done in advance
Registration MUST be done in advance. No registration will be accepted at the venue.
Location for the event is Al Qudra Desert
The event location has been changed due to unexpected changes in weather and the possibility of rain al Al Razeen Desert area.
No alcohol is Allowed! this is a family-friendly event
Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
camping & BBQ in the area
You may set up tents at a designated location but setting up BBQ will not allowed during the duration of the event.