- This event has passed.
Supermoon + Stargazing (12 Aug 2022)
12/08/2022 @ 9:00 PM - 13/08/2022 @ 2:00 AMد.إ80.00 – د.إ200.00
Date: 12 Aug 2022 (Friday)
Time: 9 PM – 2 AM
Location: Jebel Jais – Ras Al Khaimah
Fee: AED 200 – AED 100
Join us at the top of Jebel Jais in Ras Al Khaimah to observe the Supermoon and possibly spot some meteors. Also, learn about Arabian Astronomy, decode the night sky, observe the planets through our telescopes, and much more!
This event is in collaboration with RAK Tourism Authority.
Unfortunately, the moon will be up all night during the predicted peak of 2022’s Perseids meteor shower. We’re hoping that a few bright meteors would still be visible during the event.
EVENT TICKET FEE:
- General Tickets: AED 200
- Kids (Under 13): AED 150
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 09:00 PM – Introduction
- 09:15 PM – Talk about the Supermoon
- 09:30 PM – Observing the Supermoon
- 10:00 PM – Talk about the Perseids Meteor Shower
- 11:00 PM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 11:30 PM – Q & A Session
- 01:00 AM – Perseids Meteor Shower Peak (Meteors might not be visible due to the supermoon)
- Telescope Observation all throughout the evening (Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, and deep sky objects)
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes
- 12:00 PM – Astrophotography Session (Optional to those who are interested)
Pick-up time: 06:30 PM (12 Aug 2022)
Pick-up location: Centerpoint (Rashidiya) Metro Station
Transportation fee: AED 80/- per person
- 06:30 PM – Pick up from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 07:00 PM – Depart from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 09:00 PM – Arrival at the Event Location
- 09:10 PM – Event Start
- 02:00 AM – Event End
- 02:20 AM – Depart from Event Location
- 04:20 AM – Drop off at Centerpoint Metro Station
Find all the important event details here: http://althurayaastronomycenter.ae/supermoon-stargazing-event/