Date: 16 – 17 Jul 2022
Time: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center – Dubai
Fee: AED 700 – AED 800
Join us as we uncover the main stages of a star’s life, from infancy to old age. Learners will also discover why stars do not all look the same and why they evolve at different rates and have different lifetimes. They will also learn how important the mass of a star is in determining its evolution and observable characteristics.
- PART ONE – Introduction
- Why Stellar Life Cycle Should Matter to you?
Elements you have in your body were made in the Long-dead stars! Learn the fascinating story of the time when your elements were in these stars.
- How do we know what we know about the Stars?
Listen to the amazing science, tools and techniques behind the knowledge of the Lives of the Stars from their births to deaths.
- PART TWO – Life of a Star
- How Stars are born in the Universe and how they live their lives?
- Why some stars die with a big explosion and why others don’t?
- PART THREE – Life of our favorite Star
- How our Sun was made?
- Where are the siblings of our Star?
- How old is our Sun now and how long will it last?
- What will happen when our Sun will eventually die and what will be the fate of our own Planet Earth and us?
- Stellar Lives Matter
- The science behind the Knowledge of the Lives of Stars
- Stellar Nurseries
- Dynamics of Star Formation
- Mass is the ultimate Boss
- World’s Most Famous Equation
- Boring Life of a Star
- Everything Dies in the End
- Diamonds and Blackholes
- Park entrance is AED 10 per car or AED 3 per person through Nol Card.
- You can purchase/recharge your Nol Card at the park gate.
- Masks are MANDATORY!
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.