Comet C/2022 E3
Observation + Stargazing
Date: 04 February 2023
Time: 06:30 PM - 09:30 PM
Location: Al Qudra Desert - Dubai
Fee: AED 70 - AED 120
The comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF) will be at its closest to the sun since the last ice age before it swings past Earth in February. Join us to observe the comet at Al Qudra Desert on the 4th of Feb 2023.
A recently discovered comet will soon make an appearance in the night sky for the first time in 50,000 years.
Discovered on March 2, 2022, by astronomers using the Zwicky Transient Facility’s wide-field survey camera at the Palomar Observatory in San Diego County, California, the comet will make its closest approach to the sun in the months of January and February.
Named C/2022 E3 (ZTF), the comet has an orbit around the sun that passes through the outer reaches of the solar system, which is why it’s taken such a long journey — and a long time — to swing by Earth again, according to The Planetary Society.
Event Ticket Fee:
- General Tickets: AED 120
- Kids (Under 13): AED 100
- DAG Members: AED 70
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 06:40 PM – Event Introduction
- 07:00 PM – Talk: How to Observe Comet C/2022 E3?
- Observation of Comet C/2022 E3
- 08:00 PM – Arabian Astronomy
- 08:15 PM – Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 08:30 PM – Q & A Session
- Telescope Observation all throughout the evening (Jupiter, Mars, Moon, and deep sky objects)
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes
TRANSPORTATION DETAILS: (OPTIONAL)
Pick-up time: 4:45 PM (4 Feb 2023)
Pick-up location: Centerpoint Metro Station (Rashidiya Park parking)
Transportation fee: AED 50/- per person
- 04:45 PM – Pick up from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 05:20 PM – Depart from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 06:20 PM – Arrival at the Event Location
- 06:40 PM – Event Start
- 09:30 PM – Event End
- 09:50 PM – Depart from Event Location
- 10:50 PM – Drop off at Centerpoint Metro Station
The weather will be cold
The venue for the event is Al Qudra Desert - Dubai
A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
Restrooms/bathrooms are a 10-min drive away
Water and Mats will be provided
bring along food and snacks
You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your hygiene and safety.
Social Distancing Must be practiced at all times
A 4x4 car is not required to reach the event location
Please bring a soft copy of the event ticket Email
DAG Members are requested to bring ID
DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
You're requested to bring along your Emirates ID
TRANSPORTATION BUS WILL HAVE THE DAG LOGO FOR IDENTIFICATION
The bus will have the DAG logo and the event name mentioned on the bus for identification.
Kids under 13 need to be accompanied by a parent
Kids under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
No alcohol is Allowed! this is a family-friendly event
No pets are allowed
Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.
Kids under the age of 5 don't require a ticket
We don’t recommend bringing kids under the age of 5 to our events.