Supermoon + Stargazing
Perseids Meteor Shower
Date: 12 Aug 2022 (Friday)
Time: 9 PM - 2 AM
Location: Jebel Jais - Ras Al Khaimah
Fee: AED 200 - AED 100
Join us at the top of Jebel Jais in Ras Al Khaimah to observe the Supermoon and possibly spot some meteors. Also, learn about Arabian Astronomy, decode the night sky, observe the planets through our telescopes, and much more!
This event is in collaboration with RAK Tourism Authority.
Unfortunately, the moon will be up all night during the predicted peak of 2022’s Perseids meteor shower. We’re hoping that a few bright meteors would still be visible during the event.
Event Ticket Fee:
- General Tickets: AED 200
- Kids (Under 13): AED 150
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- 09:00 PM – Introduction
- 09:15 PM – Talk about the Supermoon
- 09:30 PM – Observing the Supermoon
- 10:00 PM – Talk about the Perseids Meteor Shower
- 11:00 PM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- 11:30 PM – Q & A Session
- 01:00 AM – Perseids Meteor Shower Peak (Meteors might not be visible due to the supermoon)
- Telescope Observation all throughout the evening (Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, and deep sky objects)
- Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes
- 12:00 PM – Astrophotography Session (Optional to those who are interested)
Pick-up time: 06:00 PM (12 Aug 2022)
Pick-up location: Centerpoint (Rashidiya) Metro Station (Rashidiya Park)
Transportation fee: AED 80/- per person
- 06:00 PM – Pick up from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 06:30 PM – Depart from Centerpoint Metro Station
- 09:00 PM – Arrival at the Event Location
- 09:10 PM – Event Start
- 02:00 AM – Event End
- 02:20 AM – Depart from Event Location
- 04:20 AM – Drop off at Centerpoint Metro Station
Masks are mandatory
All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
Social Distancing Must be practiced at all times
Be sure that you’re sitting or laying at least 2 meters away from others.
The venue for the event is Jebel Jais - RAK
A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
Restrooms/bathrooms are available
Public restrooms/bathrooms are available at the event venue
Water and Mats will be provided
We will be providing water and mats but you’re free to bring your own.
bring along food and snacks
You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your hygiene and safety.
A 4x4 car is not required to reach the event location
Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
Transportation bus will have the DAG logo for Identification
The transportation bus will have the DAG logo and the event name mentioned on the bus for identification.
Please bring a soft copy of the event ticket Email
Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
You're requested to bring along your Emirates ID
You are requested to bring any form of identification with you to be presented at the venue upon request.
DAG Members are requested to bring ID
DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
Kids under the age of 5 don't require a ticket
We don’t recommend bringing kids under the age of 5 to our events.
Kids under 13 need to be accompanied by a parent
Kids under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
make sure to wear long pants and closed shoes
Please make sure to wear long pants and closed shoes at this event as it’s scorpion/insect season in the UAE deserts.
No pets are allowed
Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.
No alcohol is Allowed! this is a family-friendly event
Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
camping & BBQ in the area
You may set up tents at a designated location but staying overnight and setting up BBQ will not be allowed in the area.