Mars Camp 2021
Date: 25 - 29 July 2021 (5 Days)
Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center, Mushrif Park - Dubai
Ages: 8 - 16
Fees: AED 350 - 1500 per student
Blast off on a 5-day journey of discovering the Red Planet! From learning how to be an astronaut to building a habitat on Mars. This camp is a one-of-a-kind unforgettable experience for young aspiring scientists!
DAG Member/Sibling/Friend discount available*
Day 1 (25th July)
- Introduction Ball Name Game
- Why Mars? Lecture
- Tour of Al Thuraya Center
- Planetarium Show
- Stargazing Session
- Telescope Observation
Day 2 (26th July)
- How to be An Astronaut? Lecture
- Straw Rockets
- Astronaut Training
- Rocket Launching
- Space Food
Day 3 (27th July)
- Journey and Mission to Mars
- Design Your Probe
- Land On Mars / Design Your Parachute
- Xbox Mars Landing Game / Virtual Reality
Day 4 (28th July)
- Creating Sundial
- Solar Observation
- Martian Geology Mapping The Surface Of Mars
- Build a Habitat
- 3D Printing on Mars
Day 5 (29th July)
- The Future of Space Colonization
- Looking for Life Experiments
- Design Your Alien
- Trivia and Certificate Ceremony
- Park entrance is AED 10 per car or AED 3 per person through Nol Card.
- You can purchase/recharge your Nol Card at the park gate.
- Masks are MANDATORY!
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Tickets for this camp are LIMITED!
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
- If you wish to choose custom days of this camp please message us on WhatsApp.
- We recommend the students bring a packed lunch box as we will not be providing any snacks because of safety reasons. We will be providing water bottles.
- All students should wear comfortable clothing, sports shoes, and bring a jacket with them as our center might feel a bit cold at times.
- *Send us a message on WhatsApp +97142216603 to get the discounted rate for siblings, friends, or DAG Members.
If you have any difficulties making your payment please get in touch with us through WhatsApp 042216603 and we’ll be more than glad to assist.
Are there any discounts available?
Yes, we do have discounts available.
Sibling/Friend Discount: AED 100 off each registrant. To apply for this discount please message us on WhatsApp +97142216603
DAG Member Discount: If you are a paid DAG Member with an active membership you will get an AED 500 discount on your ticket.
What is a DAG Member?
A DAG (Dubai Astronomy Group) Member is a membership subscription that gives you access to many benefits and discounts at our organization. Membership fees for a student starts at AED 200 per year.
You can find more details and how to register here: https://dubaiastronomy.com/dag-membership/
What safety measures are taken in regards to Covid-19?
The center staff will ensure that all students are wearing masks and maintaining distance at all times.
All surfaces or objects that the students will come in contact with will be sanitized.
The number of registrants for this camp has also be reduced to ensure the safety of our customers.
What should my child bring to the camp?
We recommend bringing a packed lunch box. All children should wear comfortable clothing, sports shoes, and bring a jacket with them as our center might feel a bit cold at times.
Do you provide transportation services?
No, we do not provide transportation.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Any cancellations must be done 24 hours before the camp begins.
3.5% of the total amount paid will be deducted to cover our bank charges in case of a refund request.