Introduction to Astronomy
Things you need to know as an amateur astronomer
Learn the basics about our Night Sky, Stars, Planets, and the Universe! Gain confidence in your knowledge about astronomy and feel more curious than ever about exploring our wonderful universe!
The course will be completely Visual and Audible! No boring textbook material or complicated numbers and equations! The course is made educational in a fun and entertaining way for both kids and adults.
Level - Beginner
This course is designed for astronomy amateurs and enthusiasts!
Date: 12th of Dec, 2020
This is a scheduled course and the duration is around 4 hours
Time: 4 PM - 8 PM
Introductory Fee - AED 500
This is a discounted introductory fee available for a limited time
Certificate presented by Dubai Astronomy Group
- Friends with Night Sky
- Night Sky
- Star – Bright & Dim, Strange Groupings
- Sky Navigation System
- Sky Condition – Good or Bad?
- Tale of the Spheres
- They always come in groups, or do they?
- Really Big Rocks
- The atmosphere, all the way down?
- Billions and billions but Not the Stars!
- Long Travelers
- Nature’s Nuclear Reactor
- The oldest name in any Human Language!
- Hot but how much?
- The source of the Super Power
- Everything dies… Stars included!
- Density is Destiny!
- Many ways to die
- Invisible and Most Mysterious
- Star Cities
- No one wants to live alone
- Love of Gravity
- A Couple, a Family, or a City?
- Bigger/Biggest Picture
- How far can we see?
- How did it all begin?
- Will the Universe die someday?
What you’ll learn
Learn the basics of night sky observation
Learn about the stars
Knowledge of the basics of Astronomy
Learn about size and distance
Meet your instructor
Mr. Umair Asim
He has a Masters Degree in Astronomy from the James Cook University, Australia. President of Lahore Astronomical Society. He has grown in this passion for the last three decades. He has been actively involved in outreach programs, workshops, lectures, training related to Astronomy, Telescopes, Astrophotography, Scientific Data Acquisition, and Analysis.