- This event has passed.
Suhoor Under The Stars
April 23 @ 1:00 AM - 5:00 AMد.إ100.00 – د.إ180.00
Date: 23rd Apr 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 AM
Location: Al Qudra Desert – Dubai
Fee: AED 100 – AED 180
Join us during the early hours of Saturday 23rd of April for a Suhoor Under The Stars program at Al Qudra Desert in Dubai. Observe a beautiful planetary alignment (Venus, Mars, Saturn, and the moon, and perhaps Jupiter too) before the break of dawn and a chance of observing meteors flashing by in the night sky during this program.
EVENT TICKET FEE:
- General Tickets: AED 180
- Kids (Under 13): AED 150
- DAG Members: AED 100
LATE REGISTRATION FEE:
(21st Apr 2022 onward)
- General Tickets: AED 220
- Kids (Under 13): AED 180
- DAG Members: AED 100
– We can provide financial aid for DAG Members’ family members. Call or WhatsApp +971 4 221 6603 for support.
- – 01:00 AM – Introduction
- – 01:15 AM – Talk: Lyrids Meteor Shower
- – 01:30 AM – Arabian Astronomy/Sky Mapping Session (Stories about the Constellations)
- – 02:00 AM – Q & A Session
- – 03:00 AM – Moon Observation
- – 03:10 AM – Talk: Planetary Alignment
- – 03:30 AM – Saturn Observation
- – 04:00 AM – Mars Observation
- – 04:30 AM – Venus Observation
- – 05:00 AM – Jupiter Observation
- – Light Suhoor available throughout the evening.
- – Telescope Observation all throughout the evening.
- – Phone photography of celestial objects through the telescopes.
- – 03:30 AM: Astrophotography Session
- – All attendees are requested to have masks on when interacting with others.
- – Be sure that you’re sitting or lying at least 2 meters away from others.
- – A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
- – The nearest rest stop and restrooms are around 10 minutes away from our location: Al Qudra Last Exit
- – Although recommended, a 4×4 car is not required to reach the event location.
- – We will be providing mats for seating but feel free to bring your own seating for your comfort.
- – You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your comfort.
- – Please bring a soft copy (on your phone) of the event ticket that contains a QR code to ensure a smooth check-in process.
- – Proceeds from this program will be donated towards the One Billion Meal Campaign.
- – Extra food from this event will be donated to the UAE Food Bank.
- – DAG paid members are requested to bring their digital membership card to be presented upon request.
- – Kids under the age of 5 do not require a ticket for this event.
- – Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent. Parents are required to purchase a ticket.
- – You may set up tents at a designated location but setting up BBQ will not be allowed during the duration of the event.
- – Please be respectful of others and mindful of the environment.
- – Pets are not allowed at our events and activities.