- This event has passed.
Sky & Telescope Workshop (16 – 17 Apr 2022)
April 16 @ 4:00 PM - April 17 @ 8:00 PMد.إ600.00 – د.إ800.00
Date: 16th – 17th Apr, 2022
Time: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center – Dubai
Learning about astronomy, the night sky, and telescopes can be daunting and intimidating as a beginner due to the huge amount of information there is! We have designed an in-depth 2-day program where anyone can learn astronomy in a simplified and organized manner.
This course covers all the topics you need to know before you start your journey exploring the field of astronomy!
Whether you are an absolute novice, a telescope user, or an Astrophotographer, you will get to learn something new in this workshop. This will be a highly interactive workshop where you will learn new techniques, theories, equipment, and more.
- PART ONE – Brief History of Understanding the Universe
- Prehistoric Era
- Pre-Telescope Instruments
- Post Telescope Era
- Twentieth-Century Astronomy
- Present Picture of the Universe
- PART TWO – Sky & Telescope
- Geocentric view of the sky
- Terminologies for an Astro-observer
- Why we really need a telescope?
- Different types of Telescopes
- How does a Telescope work?
- PART THREE – Astro-Imaging: Techniques and Practices
- Difference between Regular imaging and Astronomy Imaging
- Basic Terminologies for an Astro-Imager
- Tools and Techniques
- Equipment and Software
- Science of Making an Astro-Image
- General Workflow at an Observatory
- You are required to bring a laptop with you for the course.
- Light iftar will be provided during this program for the registrants.
- Park entrance is AED 10 per car or AED 3 per person through Nol Card.
- You can purchase/recharge your Nol Card at the park gate.
- Masks are MANDATORY!
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Tickets for this program are LIMITED!
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.