Date: 18th, 19th, & 20th Feb, 2021
Time: Mentioned below
Join us for a 3-day astrophotography training program and learn to use a DSLR camera to capture amazing pictures of the night sky. The program is 3 days long, where 2 days will be online through video call services and 1 day will be a trip to a dark location to photograph the night sky.
This program will give you all the basic techniques you need to know before starting your journey in astrophotography.
- Date & Time:
- Day 1: 18th Feb / 5 PM onward (1 – 2 hours) (Online)
- Day 2: 19th Feb / 7 PM onward (2 -3 hours) (In-person)
- Day 3: 20th Feb / 5 PM onward (2 – 3 hours) (Online)
- Ages: Ages above +13
- AED 1000/- per person
- AED 850/- for DAG Members
- DAY 1
- What is DSLR Astrophotography?
- Types of DSLR Astrophotography
- Pure DSLR
- Piggyback DSLR
- Challenges of DSLR AP
- Imagining Techniques
- Long vs Short Exposure
- Software for DSLR AP
- Planning an Astrophotography Trip
- Choosing a spot
- Equipment Needed
- Check List
- Practical Session
- Knowing your Camera
- DAY 2: Trip (Location: Shawka – Ras Al Khaimah)
- Double-check the equipment
- Arrive at location
- Intro to the structure of the night sky
- Beginning the shooting session
- DAY 3: Processing data
- Processing the captured data
- Online session details will be sent to you one day before the program.
- If you don’t own a DSLR camera we can lend you a Nikon camera for Day 2 of this program.
- The location for the trip is Shawka – Ras Al Khaimah. (Location pin will be sent to you through whatsapp by the instructor after the Day 1 program)
- Transportation to the photography location is upon you for your convenience.
- Tickets for this program are LIMITED!
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in during day 2.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
If you have any difficulties making your payment please get in touch with us through WhatsApp 042216603 and we’ll be more than glad to assist.