Comet C/2022 E3
28th - 29th Jan 2023
Find the timings below
Find the location below
Fee: AED 550 - 600
Join us for an Astrophotography course at Al Qudra Desert to capture images of Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF). This course will be conducted in two days, a day for photography and another for processing.
DAY 1 (28th Jan 2023 / 11 PM – 4 AM / Al Qudra Desert -Dubai)
- How to photograph the Comet
- Telescope + DSLR/CMOS photography
- DSLR + Tracker photography
DAY 2 (29th Jan 2023 / 7 PM – 9 PM / Online)
- Processing the images
The course will be split into two concurrent sessions, One for Telescope + DSLR/CMOS and the other for DSLR/Star Tracker.
Telescope + DSLR/CMOS
- Double-check your power supplies.
- 700mm focal length and less OTAs if possible. The comet is going to be quite big in the field of view since the majority of the details are in the tail of the comet.
- 100mm+ lens required. Since the comet is dim, a good DSLR is a must.
- Please contact us with your equipment list if you only have a DSLR to make sure your setup is suitable for the comet photography.
- Course registrants will be receiving 1 free ticket for the Comet Observation event on the 4th of Feb 2023.
- A video will be sent to all registrants that cover the basics of comet photography.
- You are expected to know the basics of astrophotography and how to use your setup. We will only provide basic help. Our main focus is to capture the comet.
- Keep in mind that the weather will be cold so wear your jackets and bring along blankets.
- A precise location pin will be sent by email after you register for the program.
- Public bathrooms are at Al Qudra Last Exit, a 10-mins drive away from the event location.
- You are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary (water, food, seats, etc.) for your hygiene and safety.
- Kids under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.