Date: 1 - 10 Apr, 2021 (10 Days)
Time: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: Al Thuraya Astronomy Center, Mushrif Park - Dubai
Blast-off on a 10-day journey of discovering the Red Planet! From learning how to be an astronaut to building a habitat on Mars. This camp is a one-of-a-kind unforgettable experience for young aspiring scientists!
DAG Member/Sibling/Friend discount available*
- Ages: 6 – 15
- AED 2500/- per student
- AED 2000/- for DAG Members
Day 1: Intro to Mars
- Introduction Ball Name Game
- Why Mars? Lecture
- Tour of Al Thuraya Center
- Planetarium Show
- Telescope Observation
Day 2: Mission to Mars
- How to Reach Mars? (The race to reach Mars) & Mars Missions
- Mission Design (Plan your mission)
- Build/Design your Mars Probe (Orbiter, Lander, Rover)
- Metal Models
Day 3: Astronauts
- How to be An Astronaut? Lecture
- Astronaut Training
- How to Make Space food?
- Kerbal Space Program
- VR International Space Station/Docking Game
Day 4: Rockets
- How Do We Launch Things Into Space? Lecture (Rocket Science)
- Launching Air/Water Rockets
- Straw Rockets
- Paper Models (Build A Rocket)
- Satellites Engineering Basics
Day 5: The Journey and Landing
- Journey to Mars Lecture
- Landing on Mars
- Land a Drone On The Target Activity
- Xbox Mars Landing Game
- Design a Parachute
Day 6: Living on Mars
- Challenges On Mars Lecture
- Build a Habitat on Mars
- Mapping/Exploring Mars and It’s Surface
- 3D Printing on Mars
Day 7: Energy on Mars
- Solar Observation
- How to Create Energy on Mars? Lecture
- Solar Robotics (Solar rover)
- Creating Sundial
Day 8: Geology on Mars
- Meteorite Course
- Meteorite Hunting
- Martian Geology (Volcanos)
- Agriculture on Mars (How to Grow Food on Mars)
Day 9: Robots on Mars?
- AI and The Future of Technology
- Robotics Course (Robotic Arm)
- Terraforming Mars
- Looking for Life Experiments
Day 10: The Future
- Are We Alone? Life on Mars
- The Future of Space Colonization
- Design Your Alien
- Trivia and Contests
- Awards Ceremony
- Painting kit
- Meteorite Sample
- 3D Printed Model
- Paper Model Rocket
- Tickets for Al Thuraya center activities
- Certificate of Completion
- Please show your camp ticket at the park gate for free entrance.
- Masks are MANDATORY!
- Food/snacks won’t be provided by us so please make sure to pack some snacks with the students.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
- Tickets for this camp are limited!
- Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of the event ticket email to ensure a smooth and fast check-in.
- Dubai Astronomy Group paid members are requested to bring their membership ID card to be presented upon request.
*To get the Sibling/Friend discount please message us on WhatsApp and we’ll send you a separate payment link with the discounted fee.
**If you have any difficulties making your payment please get in touch with us through WhatsApp 042216603 and we’ll be more than glad to assist.
When's the last day for registration?
Registrations are open till the 31st of March, 2021.
Are there any discounts available?
Yes, we do have discounts available.
Sibling/Friend Discount: AED 100 off each registrant. To apply for this discount please message us on WhatsApp +97142216603
DAG Member Discount: If you are a paid DAG Member with an active membership you will get an AED 500 discount on your ticket.
What is a DAG Member?
A DAG (Dubai Astronomy Group) Member is a membership subscription that gives you access to many benefits and discounts at our organization. Membership fees for a student starts at AED 200 per year.
You can find more details and how to register here: https://dubaiastronomy.com/dag-membership/
What safety measures are taken in regards to Covid-19?
The center staff will ensure that all students are wearing masks and maintaining distance at all times.
All surfaces or objects that the students will come in contact with will be sanitized.
The number of registrants for this camp has also be reduced to ensure the safety of our customers.
How long is the spring camp?
The camp is 10 days long. 4 hours each day.
It starts from the 1st of April till the 10th of April.
What should my child bring to the camp?
We recommend bringing a packed lunch box. All children should wear comfortable clothing, sports shoes, and bring a jacket with them as our center might feel a bit cold at times.
Do you provide transportation services?
No, we do not provide transportation.
Is there entrance fees to Mushrif Park?
Yes, there are entrance fees but we will be covering them for the students of this camp fo the full 10 days. Once you arrive at the park gate you will need to show them the ticket email and they should allow you in without paying the fees.
If you have difficulty with the staff at the gate and they demand that you pay the fee, make sure to mention it to our staff at the center and we will pay you back the amount that you paid.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Any cancellations must be done 24 hours before the camp begins.
3.5% of the total amount paid will be deducted to cover our bank charges in case of a refund request.